my little crafting world!!

Welcome to my little blog. hope you like what you see!!



I created this blog (albeit basic!) to have a reference for all the cards I have done.
Please feel free to take inspiration from anything, but please do not copy my designs, for any reason.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


Please leave a comment whether good or bad
so I know you have visited my little blog and I can then visit your blog!!




Saturday 11 August 2012

Happy Birthday

hello friends
hope you are all enjoying the start of the weekend. Thanks for all the comments on my latest cards and I hope you like what I have to share with you today.

This is another commission card. Here I have used a Lily of the Valley image which was free a while ago with Papercraft Inspirations magazine. This image is called Milly - here as always she is coloured with my copic pens.


I added glossy accent to the butterfly in her hair and the flower in her hand. I have cut her out using my cuttlebug and matted onto lilac cardstock again cut with a cuttlebug die. The swirls you can see were a very kind donation from Chris of ChrisAndCat fame on Docrafts.  The sentiment printed direct onto the cardstock base using a font called KatTail.



The butterfly is a punch as are the flowers. I added sparkly gems for effect. I think I maybe should have coloured the die swirls in. Not sure if they show up enough with them being white. What do you think?
 

Here is a close up of Milly so you can hopefully see the butterfly
in her hair. 



Thanks for dropping by today and I appreciate any feedback especially on the swirls!!

hope to see you again very soon
hugs always from me to you
Rosie xxx

20 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card and love the image -the swirls are beautiful not overpowering
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card rosie,the swirls are perfect.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, lovely as it is. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous card! not too fussy and not too plain...just right!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Rosie, I love that image ( I have just been colouring her myself today!) you have coloured her beautifully and the layout and embellishments are fabulous.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this Rosie pretty colours and I like the swirls in White, in real life I am sure they stand out enough
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card hun, love that super cute image :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card, I think the swirls are just right as they are. A lot of people prefer the White-on-White look as it adds a little interest without taking the attention away from the beautifully coloured image :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Rosie, love the very sweet image and beautiful design. The swirls look great.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card rosie, the image is so cute and coloured perfectly. i need to practice printing the sentiments on the card like that, i get it wrong everytime! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card, fab design and colouring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. a gorgeous card, love this cute image x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Rosie, the image is sweet, I like the swirls and the butterfly and flower.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. so gorgeous rosie.fab sweet image and i love your lilac colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card and personally I like the swirls in white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty, I like the swirls in white, and how you added the gems to the sides of them - will have to remember and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautifully coloured image, and gorgeous pastel embellishments, Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rosie

    A gorgeous card.

    Love how you have used your dies.

    I hope you have had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredibly pretty card Rosie, I love how you have done the sentiment and your fab colouring...beautiful design hun :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete